Friday, December 2, 2011

ADVENT DAY THREE: FREJA DARLING

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

Valentino dress £2245 at Net-a- Porter
Freja Beha Erichsen is a girl after my own heart. When it comes to style what she likes, I like. Case in point is this beautiful Valentino dress currently available on Net-a-Porter, and which Freja chooses for her Christmas wishlist. I'm a great admirer of the work of Pier Paolo Piccioli (PPP) and Maria Grazia Chiuri (MGC) who have reinvented the Valentino look for the 21st Century. When I interveiwed PPP and MGC for POP Magazine last year both were beyond delighted that Freja was set to become the face of the brand. "We want a modern girl who is beautiful but with something unexpected about her." The two make a perfect couple.
"I love lesbians. My best friends are all lesbians. It's very easy for people to live as lesbians. Men don't dislike women, why should women dislike women?" - Karl Lagerfeld


In this year-old film Freja comes across as extremely intelligent, self contained and far more mature than her modelling persona suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment